No worries: we’ve got you covered.
The Casual Host
The Neurotic Host
The polar opposite of The Casual Host, this one makes Martha Stewart look like a slacker. He’s hit every detail, from the invitation (printed, not e-mailed), welcome beverage and butlered hors d’oeuvres right down to the tastefully themed tablescape. You’ll be dressing up for The Neurotic Host, so make sure he’s mind-blown with our Proprietor Reserve blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. Its deep red color and notes of dark red fruit will surprise and delight.
This one “only” drinks California, French or Italian wines, and not always in that order. The Wine Snob thinks she’s had it all, but wait until you swing by with our Cabernet Franc Reserve. Its medium dark red hue has spectacular color intensity; the nose is full of toasted blackberry, dark cherry and herbal spice; and the taste brings red fruits and firm tannins. Touché!
The Wine Rookie
The Beer Lover
- Wheat beer: offer our Chardonnay Reserve for its crisp green apple, nutmeg and hints of toasted nut.
- Kolsch: bring our Sauvignon Blanc with its green fruit, bright citrus and a touch of minerality.
- Stout: select our Bancroft Cabernet Sauvignon. It’s up to the test with big flavors like black cherry and earthy tannins.
- Pale ale: choose the mellow and inviting Bancroft Merlot—yes, a red! Many new to drinking wine fall in love with its hints of vanilla alongside silky black cherry flavors.
- Pilsner: try the Bancroft Riesling with its full mouthfeel and mild, sweet notes of ripe pear, jasmine and honey.
- Gose: pick our trendy Traminette for those into this current “it beer.” It’s a hybrid that’s part Gewürztraminer with its zesty lemon, subtle acidity and clean finish.
Penns Woods Winery is a family-run Pennsylvania winery. With more than 40 years of experience in the wine business, winemaker Gino Razzi and his daughter, Carley Mack, produce award-winning wines from Pennsylvania-grown grapes. Penns Woods wines can be found in restaurants throughout Philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs. Stop in to your local state store and pick from a limited selection of wines, or visit our tasting room for the full offering. The tasting room in Chadds Ford provides an all-around vineyard experience and hosts live music, food and wine pairings and other exciting events each weekend. Score Penns Woods Winery news in your inbox by signing up for our newsletter today!
Photography by Alexandra Whitney Photography.